APPROVE variances 1-10 because the existing site conditions restrict compliance with the Subdivision Regulations, and the proposed variances will not create a traffic hazard.
APPROVE the Concept Plan subject to 10 conditions:
Because of its location in the County, appeals will be heard by Knox County Chancery Court.What's next?
Yes - SF
1. Connection to sanitary sewer and meeting any other relevant requirements of the utility provider.
2. Posting speed limit signs within the subdivision at a speed no greater than 20 mph as determined by the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works.
3. Obtaining an off-site drainage easement from the owner of the property to the south for the proposed stormwater detention within the sinkhole or submitting a design plan for on-site retention.
4. Installation of sidewalks as identified on the concept plan. Sidewalks shall meet all applicable requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works. A bond shall be provided to the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works by the developer in an amount sufficient to guarantee the installation of the sidewalks.
5. Shifting the driveway for the western unit of the duplex on Lot 10 towards the middle of duplex. The driveways for the duplexes on Lots 10, 11,13 and 14 shall be installed as shown (and modified by this condition) on the concept plan.
6. Meeting all applicable requirements of the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works.
7. Including the sight-distance easements across Lots 11, 13 and 14 on the final plat.
8. The 50' building setback from the sinkhole/closed contour on the site shall be shown on the final plat.
9. Prior to certification of the final plat for the subdivision, establishing a property owners association that will be responsible for maintenance of the private street, drainage system, common area, and any amenities.
10. Submitting to Planning staff prior to final plat review by the Planning Commission or Planning staff, the certification of design plan approval form as required by the Knoxville-Knox County Subdivision Regulations.
Ralph Smith / PLS
0 Cate Rd.
East side of Cate Road at the intersection with Cateland Lane.
Commission District 6