Additions visible from the primary streetSite Info
The applicant is requesting to remodel the front faҫade of this house. Work would include the following:
1. Remove existing dormer on front faҫade
2. Remove lower portion of existing roof to where it would meet the new gable roof
3. Install new gable roof to cover the front porch. The new gable would span the width of the front porch and extend forward to cover the front porch.
4. Clad the new gable end wall in fish-scale siding.
The Committee approved the proposed front porch modifications with the following conditions:
1. The porch footprint remain the same
2. The column materials and design are retained (if repair is required, the repair should utilize the same materials)
3. The porch gable walls should utilize horizontal siding to match thata of the front faҫade.
The Committee also recommended reinstalling the missing fourth column, but this was not a requirement.
The Committee made the above decision based on the mixed styles and altered porches already present in the neighborhood.