APPROVE variances 1-2, and alternative design standards 1-3 on the recommendations of the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works, and because the site conditions restrict compliance with the Subdivision Regulations and the proposed variances will not create a traffic hazard.
APPROVE the Concept Plan subject to 8 conditions.
Because of its location in the County, appeals will be heard by Knox County Chancery Court.What's next?
Hatmaker Ln. Subdivision
Yes - SF
1. Connection to sanitary sewer and meeting any other relevant requirements of the utility provider.
2. Provision of a street name which is consistent with the Uniform Street Naming and Addressing System within Knox County (Ord 91-1-102).
3. Installation of a minimum of 4 large maturing trees per 100 feet within the 25' landscape easement on the I-40/I-75 frontage per variance #2. A landscaping plan must be provided to Planning staff for review and approval before design plan approval. Trees should be selected from the City of Knoxville's Tree List and no single tree species shall be more than 50% of those to be installed. A final plat application will not be accepted for review by Planning staff until this landscaping is installed or a bond is posted with the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works to guarantee such installation.
4. Providing documentation during design plan review that the right-of-way radius for Hatmaker Lane as it enters the subject site does not encroach into parcel 142-00101 (12205 Hatmaker Lane) unless the property owner agrees to this modification of their property. Knox County Engineering and Public Works has the authority to reduce the right-of-way dedication requirement during design plan review if it is deemed appropriate for this location.
5. Implementation of the recommended improvements identified in the Traffic Impact Study for the Hatmaker Lane Subdivision prepared by Ajax Engineering, dated April 2020, and as revised and approved by the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works and Planning Commission staff. Any required improvements shall be installed to the standards approved by the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works.
6. Meeting all applicable requirements of the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works.
7. Prior to certification of the final plat for the subdivision, establishing a property owners association that will be responsible for the maintenance of the common area, amenities and drainage system.
8. Placing a note on the final plat that all lots will have access only to the internal street system.
9. Submitting to Planning staff prior to final plat review by the Planning Commission or Planning staff, the certification of design plan approval form as required by the Knoxville-Knox County Subdivision Regulations.
VARIANCES REQUIRING PLANNING COMMISSION APPROVAL:
1) REDUCE THE MINIMUM VERTICAL CURVE RADIUS ON HATMAKER LANE FROM K=25 to 17.31 AT STA 27+66.86 TO 28+65.03
2) REDUCE THE 25' COMMON AREA BUFFER STRIP FOR DOUBLE FRONTAGE LOTS TO ALLOW A 25' LANDSCAPE BUFFER EASEMENT FOR LOTS 1-10 AND 16-33.
ALTERNATIVE DESIGN STANDARDS REQUIRING PLANNING COMMISSION APPROVAL:
1) REDUCE THE MINIMUM HORIZONTAL CURVE RADIUS ON HATMAKER LANE FROM 250-FT TO 200-FT AT STA 1+16 TO 2+38
2) REDUCE THE MINIMUM HORIZONTAL CURVE RADIUS ON HATMAKER LANE FROM 250-FT TO 200-FT AT STA 24+12 TO 26+56
3) REDUCE THE MINIMUM HORIZONTAL CURVE RADIUS ON ROAD 'A' FROM 250-FT TO 200-FT AT STA 3+22 TO 6+24
ALTERNATIVE DESIGN STANDARDS REQUIRING KNOX COUNTY ENGINEERING AND PUBLIC WORKS APPROVAL:
1) INCREASING THE MAXIMUM ROAD GRADE AT INTERSECTIONS ON HATMAKER LANE AND ROAD 'A' TO A MAXIMUM OF 3%
S & E Properties
0 Everett Rd., 0 Pine Creek Rd., & 0 Hatmaker Ln.
East side of Everett Rd., West terminus of Hatmaker Ln., southwest of N. Campbell Station Rd., north of I-40 / I-75
Commission District 6
Residential & Vacant land