APPROVE the concept plan subject to 9 conditions
Because of its location in the County, appeals will be heard by Knox County Chancery Court.What's next?
The Glen at West Valley
Yes - SF
1. Connection to sanitary sewer and meeting any other relevant requirements of the utility provider.
2. Provision of street names which are consistent with the Uniform Street Naming and Addressing System within Knox County (Ord. 91-1-102).
3. Revising the Concept Plan and typical street cross section to show a 26' pavement width for all streets as per the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works.
4. Installation of sidewalks as identified on the Concept Plan. Sidewalks shall meet all applicable requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works. A bond shall be provided to the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works by the developer in an amount sufficient to guarantee the installation of the sidewalks.
5. The 50' building setback from the sinkhole/closed contour on the site shall be shown on the final plat. Building construction within the 50' setback may be permitted if a geotechnical study prepared by a registered engineer states that building within the 50' sinkhole buffer is acceptable and the study is approved by the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works. The geotechnical study must be completed and submitted to Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works prior to submission of the final plat for any lots that do not have a building area outside of the 50' setback area. A 5' drainage easement extending outside of the uppermost closed contour is required. Building construction is not permitted within the hatchered contour area of the sinkhole or the drainage easement. Engineered footings may be required for any structures within the 50' sinkhole buffer.
6. Prior to obtaining a design plan approval for the subdivision, submitting documentation to the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works and Planning staff that shows adequate building sites meeting required setbacks are available for all lots. Driveway grades shall not exceed 15%. Those lots that cannot comply with this condition will have to be combined with adjoining lots on any final plats submitted for approval.
7. Completion of the Traffic Impact Study recommendations from the original study (Millstone Subdivision - dated January 18, 2017) as required by the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works.
8. Meeting all applicable requirements of the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works.
9. Submitting to Planning staff prior to final plat review by the Planning Commission or Planning staff, the certification of design plan approval form as required by the Knoxville-Knox County Subdivision Regulations.
864 Valley Glen Blvd.
West end of Valley Glen Boulevard, southwest of Millstone Lane.
Commission District 5