APPROVE variance 1 and alternative design standards 1-4 because the site conditions restrict compliance with the Subdivision Regulations and the proposed variance and alternative design standards will not create a traffic hazard.
APPROVE the Concept Plan subject to 9 conditions.
Because of its location in the County, appeals will be heard by Knox County Chancery Court.What's next?
Yes - SF
1. Connection to sanitary sewer and meeting any other relevant requirements of the utility provider.
2. Provision of street names which are consistent with the Uniform Street Naming and Addressing System within Knox County (Ord 91-1-102).
3. Implementation of all recommended improvements identified in the Transportation Impact Study for Neals Landing, Unit III prepared by Ajax Engineering, dated September 21, 2018 as revised and approved by the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works, Tennessee Department of Transportation (TDOT), Knoxville Department of Engineering and Planning Commission staff.
4. Obtaining all applicable permits from the Tennessee Department of Transportation (TDOT) for the required intersection improvements on Asheville Hwy. as identified in the Transportation Impact Study (See condition 3 above.) The TDOT permits shall be obtained during the design plan stage of the development. The design details and timing of the installation of the improvements shall be worked out with TDOT during their review process. The applicant shall provide documentation from TDOT to Planning Commission and Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works staff as to the time that the intersection improvements shall be completed.
5. The plan for the amenities area shall be provided to the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works and Planning Commission staff for review and approval during the design plan stage of the subdivision.
6. Installation of sidewalks as identified on the concept plan. Sidewalks shall meet all applicable requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works. A bond shall be provided to the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works by the developer in an amount sufficient to guarantee the installation of the sidewalks. As required by Knox County Ordinance, the sidewalks shall be maintained by the Homeowners Association.
7. Driveways on Lots 19, 81 and 98 shall not be located in the sight distance easements across those lots.
8. Meeting all applicable requirements of the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Work.
9. Prior to certification of the final plat for the first phase of the subdivision, establishing a homeowners association that will be responsible for the maintenance of the common areas, sidewalks, amenities and drainage system.
10. Submitting to Planning staff prior to final plat review by the Planning Commission or Planning staff, the certification of design plan approval form as required by the Knoxville-Knox County Subdivision Regulations.
VARIANCE REQUIRING PLANNING COMMISSION APPROVAL:
1) Reduction of the tangent length between reverse curves (C4 & C5) on Road C, from 50' to 19.88'.
ALTERNATIVE DESIGN STANDARDS REQUIRING PLANNING COMMISSION APPROVAL:
1) Reduction of horizontal curve radius for Curve C6 on Road A, from 250' to 150'.
2) Reduction of horizontal curve radius for Curve C4 on Road C, from 250' to 100'.
3) Reduction of horizontal curve radius for Curve C5 on Road C, from 250' to 150'.
4) Reduction of horizontal curve radius for Curve C10 on Vista View Lane, from 250' to 127'.
ALTERNATIVE DESIGN STANDARDS APPROVED BY KNOX COUNTY ENGINEERING AND PUBLIC WORKS:
1. The maximum grade at intersections was approved at up to three (3) percent as shown on the street profiles except that the maximum grade shall not exceed the cross-slope requirements of the Public Rights-of-Way Accessibility Guidelines (PROWAG) or 2010 ADA Standards as appropriate when a pedestrian crossing is proposed.
Mesana Investments, LLC
0 Neals Landing Rd.
North of Asheville Highway, end of Neals Landing Rd and Vista View Ln.
Commission District 8