Use On Review
APPROVE the development plan for the rural retreat with an event facility (pavilion building) with approximately 8,000 square feet for up to 300 guests and a maximum of 9 overnight accommodations, subject to 10 conditions.
Because of its location in the County, appeals will be heard by Knox County Board of Zoning Appeals.What's next?
1. Meeting all applicable requirements of the utility provider.
2. Installation of all weather surface driveways and parking for the facility or as otherwise permitted by Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works and the Knox County Fire Prevention Bureau during permitting.
3. Providing documentation to the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works that the sight distance requirements are meet and will be maintained for the proposed driveway off of Sevierville Pike.
4. Installation of all landscaping as shown on development plan within six months of the issuance of an occupancy permit, or posting a bond with the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works to guarantee such installation.
5. Meeting all applicable requirements of the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works.
6. Meeting all applicable requirements of the Knox County Fire Prevention Bureau.
7. Meeting the plan of operations as submitted by the applicant that is a part of this application.
8. The event facility building is not approved to operate as a restaurant.
9. All exterior lighting shall be "Dark Sky" compliant.
10. Meeting all applicable requirements of the Knox County Zoning Ordinance.
With the conditions noted above, this request meets all requirements for approval in the A (Agricultural) zoning district, as well as other criteria for approval of a use on review.
529 & 0 Nixon Rd. & 0 John Norton Rd.
North & south sides of Nixon Rd at the intersection of Sevierville Pk., west side of John Norton Rd.
Commission District 9
Land Use Designation? LDR (Low Density Residential)
Residential & Vacant