APPROVE variances 1-3 because topographic constraints and site conditions restrict compliance with the Subdivision Regulations and will not create a traffic hazard.
APPROVE alternate design standards 1-3 based on the recommendations of the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works.
APPROVE the Concept Plan subject to 7 conditions.
Because of its location in the County, appeals will be heard by Knox County Chancery Court.What's next?
Yes - SF
1. Connection to sanitary sewer and meeting any other relevant requirements of the utility provider.
2. Provision of street names which are consistent with the Uniform Street Naming and Addressing System within Knox County (County Ord. 91-1-102).
3. Meeting all applicable requirements of Knox County Engineering and Public Works.
4. Meeting all applicable requirements of the Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation for crossing the "possible stream" with Road 'D'.
5. Prior to certification of the final plat for the subdivision, establishing a property owners association that will be responsible for the maintenance of the common areas, recreational amenities and drainage system.
6. Providing a 200' sight distance easement in curves C4 (Bill Keaton Road) as identified on the Concept Plan.
7. A final plat application based on this concept plan will not be accepted for review until certification of design plan approval has been submitted to Planning staff.
VARIANCES REQUIRING PLANNING COMMISSION APPROVAL:
1) Reduction of reverse curve tangent length from 50 feet to 14.22 feet, Road 'D' between curves C7 & C8.
2) Reduction of broken back curve tangent length from 150 feet to 144.45 feet, Road 'D' between curves C8 & C9.
3) Reduction of vertical curve K value from 25 to 17.8, Road 'A' (Bill Keaton Road) at STA 11+00.
ALTERNATIVE DESIGN STANDARDS REQUIRING PLANNING COMMISSION APPROVAL:
1) Reduction of horizontal curve radius from 250 feet to 150 feet - curve C1.
2) Reduction of horizontal curve radius from 250 feet to 150 feet - curve C2.
3) Reduction of horizontal curve radius from 250 feet to 150 feet - curve C4.
ALTERNATIVE DESIGN STANDARDS APPROVED BY KNOX COUNTY ENGINEERING AND PUBLIC WORKS:
1) Increase maximum intersection grade at both ends of Road 'B' from 1 percent to 3 percent.
2) Increase maximum intersection grade for Road 'C' at Road 'D' from 1 percent to 3 percent.
Mesana Investments, LLC
7711 Thompson School Rd.
West side of Thompson School Rd., north of E. Emory Rd.
Commission District 8