Use On Review
APPROVE the request for a garage apartment that is approximately 700 square feet on the two requested lots, subject to 6 conditions.
Because of its location in the County, appeals will be heard by Knox County Board of Zoning Appeals.What's next?
1. Connection to sanitary sewer and meeting any other relevant requirements of the utility provider.
2. Meeting all applicable requirements of the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works.
3. Meeting all applicable requirements of the Knox County Zoning Ordinance.
4. Correcting the lot size on the site plans to reflect the lot area on the recorded plat; Lot 2 = 12,009 square feet, Lot 3 = 13,267 square feet.
5. Maintaining a minimum lot size of 12,000 square feet for lots with a garage apartment as required by the RA zone (Section 5.11.09.D.).
6. The garage apartment must be constructed at the same time or after the construction of the primary residence on the lot.
With the conditions noted above, this plan meets the requirements for approval in the RA zoning district and the other criteria for approval of a use on review.
1705 & 1707 Forrester Rd.
North side of Forrester Rd., west of Hall Acres Dr.
Commission District 7
25,247 square feet
Land Use Designation? LDR (Low Density Residential)