APPROVE the request for a drive-through facility for a restaurant with approximately 638 sqft of floor area, subject to 10 conditions.
Because of its location in the City, it will be heard by Knoxville City Council.
1. Meeting the requirements of the principal use standards for drive-through facilities (Section 9.3.F) of the City of Knoxville Zoning Ordinance.
2. Meeting the requirements of Article 13 (Signs) of the City of Knoxville Zoning Ordinance.
3. Meeting the design standards for the C-G-2 (General Commercial) zone (Section 5.4).
4. Installation of landscaping per the requirements of Article 12 (Landscaping) of the City of Knoxville Zoning Ordinance and the Tree Protection Ordinance (Chapter 14, Article II) of the City of Knoxville Code of Ordinances.
5. Providing a turning template showing vehicles can exit the drive-through without conflicting with other vehicles. This is to be review and approved by the City of Knoxville Department of Engineering during permitting.
6. Providing adequate separation between the exit lane of the drive-through and the front property line to allow an exiting vehicle to be perpendicular to N. Broadway before leaving the site, or as otherwise required by the City of Knoxville Department of Engineering during permitting.
7. Obtaining all necessary zoning variances from the City of Knoxville Board of Zoning Appeals.
8. Meeting all applicable requirements of the Knoxville Department of Engineering.
9. Meeting all applicable requirements of the Tennessee Department of Transportation.
10. Meeting all applicable requirements of the City of Knoxville Zoning Ordinance.
With the conditions noted above, this request meets the requirements of the C-G-2 zone, the principal use standards for drive-through facilities, and the criteria for approval of a special use.
Mark A. Bialik, PE / GBS Engineering
4919 N. Broadway
West side of N. Broadway, south of Highland Dr.
Council District 5
26,000 square feet
Land Use Designation? GC (General Commercial / F (Floodway)