Use On Review
APPROVE the development plan for up to 5 detached dwelling units on individual lots and reduction of the peripheral setback as outlined in condition #5, subject to 6 conditions.
Because of its location in the County, appeals will be heard by Knox County Board of Zoning Appeals.What's next?
1. Meeting all applicable requirements of the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works.
2. Meeting all applicable requirements of the Knox County Health Department.
3. Meeting all applicable requirements of the Knox County Zoning Ordinance.
4. If any of the depressions on the site are determined to be sinkholes, building construction proposed within the 50' buffer area around the designated sinkholes/depressions (including the depressions), a geotechnical report must be prepared by a registered engineer to determine soil stability and that report must be submitted to the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works for consideration. Any construction in these areas is subject to approval by the County following review of the report. Engineered footings must be designed for these areas. For those lots that do not have a building site outside of the 50' buffer, approval by Knox County will be required prior to final plat approval. The sinkholes/depressions and 50' buffer shall be designated on the final plat even if they are approved to be filled.
5. Reduction of the peripheral setback from 35-FT to 15-FT for 1-story accessory structures only on Lots 1-4 and to 15-FT for the primary structure on Lot 5. The primary structures on Lots 1-4 must meet the 35-FT peripheral setback.
6. Providing a turnaround at the terminus of the private right-of-way per the requirements of Knox County Engineering and Public Works and the Knox County Fire Prevention Bureau.
With the conditions noted above, this request meets the requirements of the PR zone and the criteria for approval of a use on review.
Jeffrey & Darsey Watts
8326 & 8328 Joey Lane
At the terminus of Joey Lane, east of Old Andersonville Pike
Commission District 8
Land Use Designation? LDR (Low Density Residential) / HP (Hillside Protection)