APPROVE the Concept Plan subject to 9 conditions.
Because of its location in the City, appeals will be heard by Knox County Chancery Court.What's next?
Resubdivision of lot 8B - Northshore Town Center
1. Connection to sanitary sewer and meeting any other relevant requirements of the utility provider.
2. Provision of a street name which is consistent with the Uniform Street Naming and Addressing System within the City of Knoxville (City Ord. 0-280-90).
3. Meeting all applicable requirements of the Knoxville Department of Engineering.
4. Installation of parallel parking to the maximum extent possible with review and approval by the Knoxville Department of Engineering and Planning staff. The parallel parking should be designed similarly to the on-street parking on Thunderhead Road.
5. Installation of a crosswalk on Thunderhead Road to provide pedestrian access to the west side of the street. The location of the crosswalk is to be determined during the design plan review with review and approval by the Knoxville Department of Engineering. The location of the crosswalk should generally be located south of the proposed driveway and north of the northern school driveway.
6. Street trees within the 5' planting strip and street lighting are to be in conformance with the recommendations for Secondary Streetscape Plantings and Site Lighting in the Northshore Town Center guidelines approved by the Planning Commission in 2011 (3-C-11-UR) and consistent with those installed that were associated with the GI for Kids Medical Office located on Lot 8A of the concept plan.
7. Paving material at pedestrian crosswalks and intersections in the access easements are to be in conformance with the Hardscape and Paving recommendations in the Northshore Town Center guidelines approved by the Planning Commission in 2011 (3-C-11-UR). All pedestrian crosswalks must meet ADA standards.
8. Providing a note on the plat that no additional curb cuts shall be provided to Thunderhead Rd, Boardwalk Blvd, and Town Center Blvd.
9. Submitting the certification of design plan approval form to Planning staff as required by the Knoxville-Knox County Subdivision Regulations prior to final plat approval.
1830 Thunderhead Rd.
East side of Thunderhead Rd., north side of Boardwalk Blvd.
Council District 2
Vacant land & Medical clinic