APPROVE variances 1-4, and the alternative design standard on the recommendations of the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works, and because the site conditions restrict compliance with the Subdivision Regulations and the proposed varian
Because of its location in the County, appeals will be heard by Knox County Chancery Court.What's next?
Barry Vaulton Family
Yes - SF
1. Connection to sanitary sewer and meeting any other relevant requirements of the utility provider.
2. Provision of street names which are consistent with the Uniform Street Naming and Addressing System within Knox County (County Ord. 91-1-102).
3. Sinkhole buffer / engineered footers condition
4. Providing the right-of-way dedication along the Asheville Hwy frontage as required by Section 3.04.A.3. of the Subdivision Regulations.
5. Providing the required stream buffer for the blue line shown on the USGS Quad map along the Bays Mountain Road frontage unless it is determined to be a wet weather conveyance or that it has been previously rerouted upstream from this property.
6. Installing the curbing and asphalt road surface through the intersection radii in the road stub-out on Road 'C', west of the Road 'A' intersection.
7. Installing notification of future street connection at the west end of Road 'C'as required by Section 3.04.C.2.d. of the Knoxville-Knox County Subdivision Regulations.
8. Providing all stream buffers as required by Knox County Engineering and Public Works during the design plan phase.
9. Providing documentation to Knox County Engineering and Public Works during the design plan phase that lots 15 and 16 have sufficient buildable area outside the stream buffer.
10. Meeting all applicable requirements of the Knox County Department of Engineering and Public Works.
11. Submitting to Planning staff prior to final plat review by the Planning Commission or Planning staff, the certification of design plan approval form as required by the Knoxville-Knox County Subdivision Regulations.
VARIANCES REQUIRING PLANNING COMMISSION APPROVAL:
1) REDUCE THE MINIMUM CONNECTING VERTICAL CURVE ON ROAD 'A' AT ASHEVILLE HIGHWAY FROM K=25 TO K=15
2) REDUCE THE MINIMUM VERTICAL CURVE ON ROAD 'A' AT STA 6+77 TO 9+22 FROM K=25 TO K=21.3
3) REDUCE THE MINIMUM VERTICAL CURVE ON ROAD 'B' AT STA 7+20 TO 10+50 FROM K=25 TO K=17.5
4) REDUCE THE MINIMUM VERTICAL CURVE ON ROAD 'B' AT STA 10+47 TO 12+02 FROM K=25 TO K=23.43
ALTERNATIVE DESIGN STANDARDS REQUIRING PLANNING COMMISSION APPROVAL:
1) REDUCE THE MINIMUM HORIZONTAL CURVE RADIUS ON ROAD 'B' FROM 250-FT TO 200-FT AT STA 1+14 TO 5+19
ALTERNATIVE DESIGN STANDARDS REQUIRING KNOX COUNTY ENGINEERING AND PUBLIC WORKS APPROVAL:
1) INCREASING THE MAXIMUM ROAD GRADE AT INTERSECTIONS FROM 1% TO A MAXIMUM OF 3%
Barry Vaulton / Axiom Properties, LLC
8014 & 0 Asheville Hwy.
South side of Asheville Hwy., west of N. Molly Bright Rd.
Commission District 8