APPROVE variance 1 because the existing site conditions and topography restrict compliance with the Subdivision Regulations, and the proposed variance will not create a traffic hazard.
APPROVE the concept plan subject to 12 conditions:
Because of its location in the City, appeals will be heard by Knox County Chancery Court.What's next?
Austin Homes Infrastructure Improvements
1. Connection to sanitary sewer and meeting any other relevant requirements of the Knoxville Utility Board (KUB).
2. Provision of street names which are consistent with the Uniform Street Naming and Addressing System within Knox County (City Ord. 0-280-90).
3. Installation of sidewalks, as identified on the concept plan, meeting all applicable requirements of the City of Knoxville and the American with Disabilities Act (ADA). The sidewalks shall be installed at the same time as the street improvements.
4. Any proposed driveways for the proposed housing development are subject to approval by the Knoxville Department of Engineering with verification that adequate sight distance is available.
5. Details of the final design of the connection to Georgia Street and the construction of Road B (Phase 2) shall be worked out with the Knoxville Department of Engineering during the design plan stage of the subdivision process.
6. Removal of the southbound right-turn slip-ramp on Martin Luther King Jr. Ave. at the intersection with E. Summit Hill Dr. per City of Knoxville Department of Engineering requirements.
7. Implementation of any recommended improvements from the Transportation Impact Study prepared by (Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc. dated December 20, 2019), as revised and approved by the City of Knoxville Department of Engineering and Planning staff.
8. During the design plan stage of the subdivision working out the details of the changes to S. Bell St. including the portions of the street/right-of-way that will be closed. The street closure requests must be processed and approved prior to approval of the final plat for the first phase of the subdivision.
9. The final plat shall identify any required sight distance easements for the proposed intersections as required by the City of Knoxville Department of Engineering.
10. Meeting all applicable requirements of the City of Knoxville Department of Engineering.
11. Submitting to Planning staff prior to final plat approval by the Planning Commission or Planning staff, the certification of design plan approval form as required by the Knoxville-Knox County Subdivision Regulations.
12. Meeting all applicable requirements of the Knoxville Zoning Ordinance.
With the conditions noted, this plan meets the requirements for approval of a concept plan.
VARIANCE REQUIRING PLANNING COMMISSION APPROVAL:
1. Allow the use of AASHTO standards for intersection and stopping sight distance as opposed to the Knoxville-Knox County Planning Commission Subdivision Regulations.
APPROVED WAIVERS BY THE KNOXVILLE DEPARTMENT OF ENGINEERING:
1. Reduction of the minimum travel way pavement widths from 26' to the distances shown on the proposed street sections included with the revised concept plan.
Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc.
331 Harriett Tubman St, 231 S. Bell St, 1205 Old Vine Ave, 0 S. Bell St, 1124 West New St.
North side of E. Summitt Hill Dr. & Old Vine Ave., at intersection of Harriet Tubman, Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd., & Dandridge Ave.
Council District 6