Infill Housing Review Committee
Updates for 11-D-19-IH
New Primary StructureSite Info
New house proposed in Oakwood/Lincoln Park neighborhood
Located on the south side of Cedar Avenue between Felts Street and Pershing Street.
Zoning is R-2 / IH-1
Property is served by an alley.
See submitted site plan for additional details.
Approve the proposed development with the following conditions:
1. Install a walkway to the street (there is no sidewalk to connect to, but the Committee would like a walkway to connect to the street instead)
2. Utilize lap siding over dutch lap or horitzontal patterns (should not be flush)
3. If using a gravel surface, a minimum of 10-15 feet f asphalt or concrete is required to be installed from the street to keep gravel off of the alley. Landscape timbers must be installed along both sides of the driveway and around the parking pad to contain the gravel.
514 Cedar Ave.Applicant
Nick Guess Property ProzOwner
Nick Guess Property Proz
November 7, 2019Approved With Conditions
1. New house proposed is a craftsman style similar to many other homes found in this district.
2. The front yard setback is consistent with the adjacent house and others found on this street.
3. The porch is 8' by 16' in a style consistent with a historic craftsman and with appropriate materials.
4. The placement of windows and ratio of solid to void meets the infill guidelines.
5. Bedroom windows meet building codes as a means of egress.
6. The driveway is off of the alley and terminates in an 18' x 20' parking pad situated at the rear of the house.
7. There is a sidewalk from the parking pad to a side entry with a stoop.
8. Roof design and color meet IH Design Guidelines.
Actions from the meeting- No actions at this time -