APPROVE the vehicle repair/service business with three service bays & the drive-through facility for a restaurant with approximately 550 sqft of floor area, subject to 9 conditions.
Because of its location in the City, it will be heard by Knoxville City Council.
1. Meeting the requirements of principal use standards for vehicle repair/service businesses (Article 9.3.DD) and drive-through facilities (Article 9.3.F) of the City of Knoxville Zoning Ordinance.
2. Meeting the requirements of Article 13 (Signs) of the City of Knoxville Zoning Ordinance, including but not limited to the business signs and the menu boards for the vehicle drive-through facility.
3. Installation of landscaping in accordance with the requirements of Article 12 (Landscaping) of the City of Knoxville Zoning Ordinance.
4. Providing the required vehicle and bicycle parking for the combined uses on the site in accordinance with (Article 11. - Off-street Parking). This condition does not preclude the use of the parking reductions in Article 11.4.B (Exemptions and Flexibilities).
5. Providing in-only access from Kingston Pike, as shown on C-3.0. The location of the entrance may be shifted on this frontage with review and approval from Planning Commission staff, Knoxville Department of Engineering, and Tennessee Department of Transportation.
6. Revising the site plan to eliminate the head-on conflict for vehicles circulating around the Scooter's Coffee building on the west side of the site and vehicles entering the site from Winston Road with review and approval by Planning Commission staff and Knoxville Department of Engineering during permitting.
7. Meeting all applicable requirements of the Knoxville Department of Engineering.
8. Meeting all applicable requirements of the Tennessee Department of Transportation.
9. Meeting all applicable requirements of the City of Knoxville Zoning Ordinance.
With conditions noted above, this request meets the requirements of C-G-1 zone, the principal use standards for vehicle repair/service businesses and for drive-through facilities, and the criteria for approval of a special use.
ACRE Kingston Pk, T5, LLC
8002 Kingston Pk.
South side of Kingston Pike, west side of Winston Rd.
Council District 2
Land Use Designation? GC (General Commercial)
Auto service station