APPROVE the request to expand the existing residential drug/alcohol treatment facility from 46 to 61 beds and a total floor area of approximately 22,000 square feet and the conversion of an existing accessory structure to a group room that is approximately 768 square feet, subject to 6 conditions.
Because of its location in the City, it will be heard by Knoxville City Council.
1. Meeting all applicable requirements of the Knox County Health Department.
2. Meeting all applicable requirements of the Tennessee Department of Health.
3. Meeting all applicable requirements of the City of Knoxville Department of Engineering.
4. Meeting all applicable requirements of the City of Knoxville Zoning Ordinance, including but not limited to Article 11 (Off-Street Parking), Article 10.3.L. (Fences and Walls), and Article 10.3.O. (Freestanding Roofed Structures, Pergola, or Gazebo).
5. Installing a 6-foot tall fence in approximately the same location as shown on the site plan near the Oakbank Lane frontage of the property. If the fence is required to be an "open fence" because it is located in a corner side yard, evergreen landscaping with a minimum mature height of 6 feet tall must be installed between the fence and Oakbank Lane to visually screen the rear yard, and a landscape plan must be provided to Planning Commission staff for review and approval before building permits issued for the additions to the building. The landscaping must meet the requirements of Article 12.3 (Selection, Installation and Maintenance) and Article 12.4 (Landscape Design Standards) of the City of Knoxville Zoning Ordinance.
6. Showing the blue-line stream that runs along the eastern property line on the plans submitted for permitting and providing the stream buffers as required by the City of Knoxville Engineering and Public Works.
With the conditions noted above, this request meets all requirements for approval in the O (Office) zoning district, as well as the criteria for approval of a special use, as outlined below.
Benjamin Mullins obo Helen Ross McNabb
5310 Ball Camp Pk.
South side of Ball Camp Pk., east side of Matlock Dr., northeast side of Oakbank Ln.
Council District 3
Land Use Designation? O (Office)