New Primary Structure: Driveways, parking pads, access point, garages or similar facilitiesSite Info
DESCRIPTION OF PROPOSED WORK:
• Proposed house does not reference a particular architectural style.
• Asymmetrical front faҫade with front porch on the left side.
• Primary structure is 26' W x 44' D; front porch is 16' W x 8' D.
• Proposed roof pitch ratio is 5:12 and standard, dimensional shingles are to be used (previous proposal was for 3-Tab Shingles).
• Gable over the front porch with a larger gable over the main house, each with an octagonal-shaped vent below.
• 5" horizontal, vinyl Dutch-lap siding on all faҫades.
• Front porch railing to be supported by 3-1/2" turned posts and a simple railing.
• Front window to the left (beneath the porch) is 36" W x 48" H with a window on the top half of the door and two panels on the bottom.
• Front window to the right is 72" W x 48" H.
• All windows have a three-over-one grid, narrow window trim, and shutters that do not cover the width of the window (previous proposal was a six-over-one grid on all windows).
• The finished floor elevation shall be 105.6' H with a maximum of 4' of exposed foundation on the front of the house facing Connecticut Avenue; exposed foundation shall be treated with a stucco surface. Proposed Site:
• A 10'-wide driveway off Connecticut Avenue provides access to the site.
• There is an alley behind the house, but it would not be utilized. The site plan states the alley is not useable.
• There is no parking pad; cars would park at the end of the driveway and back out onto the street.
• The house would be set back 25' from the property line; the porch extends 8 feet into the setback area and would be 17' from the property line.
• The east or right side of the building is 16' from the property line; the west or left side of the building is 8' from the property line.
• The rear of the building is 64' from the property line (drawing shows 66' but the plan has since been altered by 2').
• A 3'-wide walkway connects the front porch steps to the sidewalk on Connecticut Ave.
• There is a native tree (a dogwood) proposed for the front yard.