Proposed Zoning Ordinance Amendments
MPC staff develop zoning ordinance amendments in conjunction with the City of Knoxville and Knox County departments. The consideration and ultimate adoption of an amendment includes a hearing by the Metropolitan Planning Commission and final approval by the City Council or Commission.
City of Knoxville
City of Knoxville Zoning Ordinance Update
MPC is undertaking a complete review and update to the City's zoning ordinance.
Learn more. Follow the process.
- Alternative Financial Services (Ordinance O-116-2016 adopted by City Council 7/19/2016)
- Auction Houses (Ordinance O-43-2017 adopted by City Council 3/28/2017)
- Craft Bakeries (Ordinance O-7-2016 adopted by City Council, 1/5/2016)
- Demolition Delay (Ordinance O-75-2015 adopted by City Council, 5/26/2015)
- Directory Signage (Ordinance O-200-2015 adopted by City Council, 10/27/2015)
- Pet Services (Ordinance O-219-2015 adopted by City Council on 11/24/2015)
- Sign Ordinance Amendments (Ordinance O-127-2015 adopted by City Council 7/21/2015)
- South Waterfront Form Base Code Updates (Approved) (Ordinance O-16-2017 adopted by City Council on 2/28/2017)
- Urban Agriculture (Ordinance O-126-2015 adopted by City Council on 7/21/2015)
- Off-street Parking Amendments: Lot Layout, Construction, and Maintenance (Ordinance O-15-5-101 adopted by Knox County Commission 5/26/2015)